Re: Legends: The Game submission

TerroX wrote:
> Our community members have recently help to create debian packages for our
> 'Tribes clone' and I would like to submit it to the non-free section (it
> is for closed source submissions right?). Who do I contact or where do I
> log in?

non-free is be correct, yes.

you need a sponsor to check, rebuild, sign and upload your package to
the debian archive. this can either be requested from one of the debian
developers which are in the debian games team, or, on
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org which is the general list about package
upload requests.

> Probably best to include the Web Installer (2kb) rather than our full
> archive (120meg) due to cumbersome big files and we might change the .deb
> a bit when we get some more .deb users installing from it and suggesting
> improvements to the installer :) ,
> http://legendsthegame.net/index.php?m=fileswap&view=78

(note that i am not part of the debian games team, so my personal
opinion is not reflecting the teams opinion in any way and may differ
from it.)

assumed that the whole components of the game are properly
redistributable, i would welcome a package containing everything, and
not just an installer. from the debian user point of view, i expect to
have everything ready when i have installed the package, and not
requiring other downloads.

> And if there are any package issues, we have the scripts to package it all
> up on our wiki so you can help us out if you want (adding menu entries on
> various distro setups ? ).

where do i find the sources for it excately (sources are the
orig.tar.gz, .dsc and diff.gz files)?

> Thanks for reading.

thank you for your work and initiative ;)