Re: Few questions

* Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> [2007-10-29 22:43:43 CET]:
> 1.  What's up with clanlib?  Sam did a new upstream back in April but it
> appears that it was never uploaded.  Is it waiting on something?

 Good question - hopefully sam will respond to this question.

> 2.  es.  There is already a package in Debian called es that is a
> shell.  Does this need a rename or what is going to happen with this
> package?

 Most propably, yes, it requires a rename. Maybe get in contact with
upstream about what name to choose and make them aware of the naming
conflict, at best they will go to use the new name, too.

> 3.  When to build a package and submit?  I'm still not clear on this.
> For example I made some updates to ketm.  At what point do I build a
> package and submit it?

 Some rules of thumb, which I somehow have a dejavu of having them
posted recently here: Depending on the severity of the changes it should
(not) get uploaded before the package in the pool has hit testing. And
if you plan to do more hacking on the package in the near future you
propably don't want to upload now neither.

 So long,
Rhonda