Re: Sponsor for hex-a-hop upload searched

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:00:32AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2007/8/29, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net>:
> > I will try to better prepare sponsor requests by providing package
> > snapshots in the future but I was really busy fixing all the bugs and
> > want to have it uploaded before new bugs arive :-)
>
> I've uploaded it to mentors and xerakko is having a look at it and hopefully

Thanks.

> uploading it to the archive. Lintian is complaining a bit about the manpage,

What version of Lintian? What arguments?
I work with stable as my other box is currently down.

> but I don't think that should be a problem for this upload:
>
> W: hex-a-hop: manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/bg/man6/hex-
> a-hop.6.gz 22: name expected (got a magic token)
> N:
> N:   This man page provokes warnings or errors from man.

> LiW: hex-a-hop: manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/vi/man6/hex-
> a-hop.6.gz 44: a magic token is not allowed in a name
>
> Do you know what it can be?

Yep, both manual pages (Vietnamese and Bulgarian translations) are not
currently supported by Debian :-(
Read these using vim $(man -w -L vi hex-a-hop), hehe ...

At least Vietnamese needs UTF-8 support and Bulgarian manpages could
probably support a classical 8 bit encoding but I didn't found a
encoding after hours of searching. There is also not a single Bulgarian
manpage in Debian (except a wrong one), what a shame ...

Jens