Re: Again: Packages of FreeCol

* Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> [070717 16:55]:

> > Same for me.  I tried recompiling it according to the README and
> >    JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/ ant
> > resulted in an error message after 4 seconds. :-(
> Worked like a charm for me with sun-java6; didn't tried with sun-java5,
> yet.

BTW:  Beside the java-stuff I just noticed some license problems:

Citing from their homepage:

"Thanks to Paul Lloyd for allowing us to use his fonts."
Couldn't find a license text at all for the fonts.

"Some background images and illustrations have been taken from The David
Rumsey Map Collection."

The David Rumsey Map Collection has the following on their homepage:
"Images copyright © 2000 by Cartography Associates. Images may be
reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial
use or commercial republication, contact  foo@bar.baz. This work
is licensed under a Creative Commons License."

"Terrain graphics for FreeCol 0.1.0 were made by Tim Smith and can be
found at: http://geocities.com/yoohootim/hires.htm";

On that site he states, thatt his graphics are Freeware.  No right
granted for derivative work, and "You may not, without my express
permission, include my work in any files, media or format for which you
accept payment."

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--