Re: Question on translating Nexuiz

Thibaut - Oligraphes wrote:

> Well great that you plan to do such things, i would be really happy to
> help you.

That is nice to hear.

> Actually i didn't have the original buttons source files, so i did
> recreate them from almost-scratch (that's why they're a bit different).

Did you try contacting upstream about these files?

I was also wondering if upstream developers are aware of your
translation? If so, what are their intentions in this regard?

> That work has been made with photoshop. If you feel yourself about doing
> the graphic stuff (not so simple alpha channel issues), i can send you
> the original .psd file.

The problem is that most of us do not use an operating system that
Photoshop can be run on. Maybe you could export it to some GIMP
compatible format?

> If not, it's not a problem for me to make you all the buttons you want.
> Just send me the text i have to put on and i'll provide you the final
> .tga files.

You would have to update the translations to a language you do not know,
every time a new version is released. That I consider too much to ask.