Re: Debian Games Blog

At 1152086061 past the epoch, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Many people already have blogs of their own, carefully set
> up and tweaked to their own specificatoins.  Why not just
> agree on a consistent set of tags for people to use in
> their own blogs and then aggregate them, a la Planet
> Debian.  Indeed, why not use Planet Debian for that job,
> instead of creating new, redundant infrastructure?

I'm inclined to agree. On the occasion when I might write
something debian games-related, I'd prefer to do it with my
existing blog and have the result aggregated somewhere. I
think therefore two services are needed here, hosting for
those who wish to blog on debian games related things but do
not currently have it, and an aggregation of such posts.

I think planet.debian.org could probably do the latter,
although it might be more maintainable have a two-step
process: Aggregate games blogs in one place, with a
membership controlled by the team, then add /that/ to the
planet.debian.org feed.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/