RE: foobillard package

 --- Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Since I'd like to join the pkg-games group and integrate foobillard
> packaging there, I thought it might be a good idea to provide some
> information about the foobilard package here.

Please tell me your login name in alioth so I can add you to the group members
list. Welcome :)

> The package has been in debian for a while (since january 2003), and has
> been sponsored by Michel Dänzer. There are some open bugs.
> Upstream is not very responsive, and seems to have abandoned the
> package. Since it seems to be quite widely used I think it is worth
> maintaining in spite of that.
>
> I am quite familiar with the AI and rules parts of the source, but not
> with the OpenGL and physics parts.
>
> The current package in debian is nearly identical to upstream, except
> that some non-free fonts have been removed, and worked around in the
> code. There is asmall problem in the orig tarball where I forgot to
> remove the licence file for the fonts (the fonts themselve are gone).
>
> The new package I am working on has more modifications, and closes most
> of the wishlist bugs. Since these are non-bugfix modifications to
> upstream code, I decided to use dpatch to manage these.

My original idea was to put some description like that in all the packages in
the wiki page, and link them from http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development

It might be nice to put that in http://wiki.debian.org/Games/foobillard

> The current work-in-progress can be found at:
> deb-src http://www.evonet.be/~gevaerts/debian ./
>
> I would appreciate any comments on the current packaging.

I'll try to have a look at it when I have some time. We should inject the code
into the svn server, when your login is added to the list (as soon as you tell
me, I'll add it). If you need some help with that, I can help :) (It took me
quite a long time to learn, so don't worry if you don't know how to do it, I
can tell you the steps you need to take).

Greetings,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com