Fwd: status update: GNUstep library transition

Hello,

Since the alioth list doesn't work, here it is a copy of the mail I sen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>
Date: 27-Sep-2006 22:51
Subject: Re: status update: GNUstep library transition
To: Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca>
Cc: pkg-gnustep-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org, myon@debian.org,
pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, Alexander Schmehl
<tolimar@debian.org>

On 22/09/06, Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> wrote:
[dropping vorlon and -release from the CC list, because I don't want to bother them with all the details]

Hi everyone,

Here is the current state of the GNUstep library transition: out of just over 60 packages that depend on the GNUstep libraries, about half of them have already been uploaded (as far as I can see).  The remaining packages are: (the number in brackets is the current version in testing)

Debian Games Team/Eddy Petrișor:
  oolite (1.65-2) (pending)

I have tagged and built myself the package, but I don't have upload rights :-).

If there is any kind soul to do the upload, the source package is at
http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/upload/oolite/

For the Oolite upload it would be needed to be done by somebody with
both powerpc and i386 arch machine and upload binaries for both (the
game is in non-free because is non-comercial) since it works on either
arch.

I have put in the same place a powerpc binary build by myself, but I
guess that won't work (although is signed, and I have a few signatures
myself)...

Note: Alexander Schmehl is the regular uploader for Oolite, but, iirc,
he is busy with RL.

Thanks.
--
Regards,