Re: tarballs - why in SVN?

Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> writes:

> * Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de> [060814 17:36]:
> For example: Just use scp to copy a file to
> alioth.debian.org:/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/pkg-games/htdocs/tarballs
> and it will appear on http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/.

Oh, will make a note. I didn't know about that location.

>> where is it actually?
>
> Where ever we decide them to put ;)

ah, so ATM nowhere. I see.

>> If I change something upstream, I can commit it in place.
>
> And how do you create a pristine orig.tar.gz after that?

I don't. pristine orig.tar.gz come from upstream and are stored in
'..' of my build directory. With svn properties, the downloading of
them can be automated.

I need them only for creating an upload. For testbuilds, I use
'debuild -b', ommitting the .diff.gz.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4