Quake 3 engine and data files

Now that Quake 3 engine is Free, various previously-mods and content
packages like Open Arena start shipping as stand-alone games. Some of
them modify the engine, but some do not. Packaging each with a copy of
the same engine is a Bad Idea (TM), therefore I suggest we do this:

 package    : quake3 (contrib)
 depends    : ioquake3 (main), quake3-data (contrib)
 recommends : ioquake3-server (main)

 package    : openarena (main)
 depends    : ioquake3 (main), openarena-data (main)
 recommends : ioquake3-server (main)

'quake3', 'openarena', etc. would ship menu entries, wrapper scripts,
and would depend on the engine and data files. This would allow us to
ship various content packages as separate games without packaging the
same engine multiple times. I do not know if you can feed different
content packages to 'ioquake3' engine, but that should be easy to implement.

Similar approach could also be used for other games, like Nexuiz and its
translations (at least one is available). Does anyone see any flaws in
this logic?

P.S. 'openarena' is a package I am working on, and I would like to do it
inside the Games Team. My username on Alioth is 'linas-guest'.