Re: Proposal: Fixing non-free content issues via installer packages

On 27/07/06, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
At 1153998367 past the epoch, Goneri Le Bouder wrote:
> This problem is not games specific (e.g:
> flashplugin-nonfree use such method to retrieve flash from
> unofficial repository).

Correct. Of the packages I've looked at, java-package is
imho the best approach for this task, and what I modelled my
proof-of-concept "doom-package" on. I haven't looked at
flashplugin-nonfree.

I have a simillar problem with expansion pack (oxp-s) and Oolite.
What I would like to have would be an installer which downloads the
files, unpackas them,
*and* (this would be super-nice :-) create the meta information
associated to the downloaded file, so that it looks like there is a
"oolite-oxp-<someextentioname>" package installed. This way, users
could use apt to remove the expasion packs from the system.

EddyP