Re: Deleting the commits list

On 4/15/06, Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:30:58PM +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > Since we decided (AFAIK) that we will not use the -commits list and we
> > didn't used it yet, I propose to delete it. Anybody against it?
>
> As someone already said[1], it makes sense to differentiate commit
> messages and bug reports.

There were other[1] oppinions[2] which suggested 2 lists, while other
3[3][4][5] though differently.

> I still fail to see what's wrong with having three mailing lists, but
> in case you only want two of them, I would rather move the bug reports
> to the discussion list.

I think the compromise is to have 3 and the commit mails have the
Reply-to field set to pkg-games-devel@l.a.d.o . This is not a big
issue (more perl learning for me).

The question is, do we want 2 or 3 lists?

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2006-April/000804.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2006-April/000814.html
[3] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2006-April/000795.html
[4] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2006-April/000812.html