Re: freedroidrpg looks interesting: a possible candidate to adopt?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Daniel Milstein <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: freedroidrpg looks interesting: a possible candidate to adopt?
- From: Ben Armstrong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:59:58 -0300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 11:36 -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> This is a fairly minimal package using cdbs. I haven't yet reviewed the
> work, so I don't know what shape it is in.
I have done a very shallow review now, and have these comments so far:
- the namespace is polluted with general names like "DialogEditor",
"ItemEditor" and "croppy" which are all put into /usr/games; they should
be prefixed (e.g. with fdrpg-)
- my son has played the game for a while and it has segfaulted on him at
least three times so far; he is working around this problem by saving
the game frequently, just in case
- there is a general-purpose utility in this
package /usr/games/pngtoico. first, it's in the wrong place (should
be /usr/bin) and second, it should be packaged separately. it is
apparently from here: http://freshmeat.net/projects/pngtoico/
Otherwise, it looks like a very enjoyable game, and would be a
worthwhile addition to Debian.