Re: doom source GPL'd

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 12:41:51PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> It looks like the doom source is now under the GPL.
> (http://www.doomworld.com/). This clears up the previous licencing problems
> that were keeping it out of debian. It will still be fit only for contrib
> for now, since it needs non-free WAD files.

Hmm? I don't agree. If there were only non-free PDF files in the
world, we'd have to put PDF readers on contrib? AFAIK, all mp3
files in the world are non-free, for example... still, it's
quite _possible_ to play doom without the non-free WADs (only
not easy). To begin with, you can probably get the WADs from
DUMB (never tried, but in theory should work).

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.