Re: Linux games at www.newbreedsoftware.com

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:58:37AM -0500, John_J_Neff@colad.com wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Linux and I've noticed Quake is completely ported, my
> question is what other BIG names games have been or are and where can I
> find info.  Games like Half-life and Sin don't require M$ Direct X (they
> run under NT 4) and those seem likely candidates.

You need more than quake?  (Which BTW I'm hoping to upload this
weekend--fair warning it'll be a major change from what's available now)

Seriously, there are things like Civ:CTP, lots of ports of the older games
that have had source released, several newer games that the authors are
talking about porting (or have ported), etc..

Check out http://linuxgames.com

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3