Re: Linux games at www.newbreedsoftware.com

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:58:37AM -0500, John_J_Neff@colad.com wrote:
> Geberal Linux Games Questions:
>
> I'm relatively new to Linux and I've noticed Quake is completely ported, my
> question is what other BIG names games have been or are and where can I
> find info.  Games like Half-life and Sin don't require M$ Direct X (they
> run under NT 4) and those seem likely candidates.
That sounds a bit like non-free software, if it will ever be available.
The games I have been talking about are both free (GPL) and most probably
not as violent as quake, something you can give your kids to play. Ok,
throwing bombs is maybe a little violent, but I consider them much more
suitable for younger people than quake... YMMV
Anybody out there? It should really be easy to package, I could make a deb
of gemdropx available, without sound, you will then find out how addcitive
this is, maybe even more than moon-buggy ;-)

Ciao,
Christian.