Re: Where to find resources needed to games development

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 08:39:29PM +0200, Tomasz Wêgrzanowski wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 04:08:42PM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > The ``terrain, units'' part gives the impression that you're
> > talking about some war game. Try the graphics from FreeCiv:
> > http://www.freeciv.org/
>
> Your impression is 100% correct but these are not enough.
> I hoped for some big archive with a lot of such stuff.
> Do I live in nonexisting world ?

AFAIK, there is no repository with graphics and sound for
games, and it isn't likely that there will ever be. I'd suggest
that you start by using all freeciv graphics you can (and the
default tileset isn't the only one in existence, look harder in
the site) and then when you release betas you request users to
send more images.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----