Re: doom source GPL'd

[please CC replies to me, as I do not subscribe to this list]

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 12:41:51PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> It looks like the doom source is now under the GPL.
> (http://www.doomworld.com/). This clears up the previous licencing problems
> that were keeping it out of debian. It will still be fit only for contrib
> for now, since it needs non-free WAD files.

Well, if there is even one GPL'ed (or GPL-compatible, such as public
domain) WAD file out there, even if with only one level in it, that should
do.

Doom may be primitive by today's bleeding edge standards but it sure would
be a hell of a nice thing to ship with the main system.

Heck, Caldera's installer lets the user play Tetris instead of watching a
progress meter, it would really kick to let the user play Doom instead. :)

--
G. Branden Robinson              |        Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux                 |        I met a man who wasn't there.