une action commune ? (Etait: [buffalo.phil@free.fr: Re: Bruce Perens in Paris for Bastille Day])

    bonjour à toutes et à tous,

----- Forwarded message from Phil <buffalo.phil@free.fr> -----

From: Phil <buffalo.phil@free.fr>
Subject: Re: Bruce Perens in Paris for Bastille Day
To: Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:45:57 +0200

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 04:56:45PM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Hi,

    hi Bruce,

> Please excuse me for the late notice, and for not being able to write this
> in French.

  ok, let's go...

> I am coming to Paris on Sunday, and will attend the World Wide Web Consortium
> Patent Policy Board meeting Monday through Wednesday. I'm there to represent
> SPI and Debian, and will of course be lobbying to keep W3C standards
> free of royalty-bearing and discriminatory patent licensing, so that they can
> continue to be implemented in Free Software.

  great!

> I'd like to take part in some of the Bastille Day festivities on the day that
> I arrive, and am wondering if one or more of you would like to get together
> in the afternoon on Sunday for conversation and to help a non-French-speaker
> celebrate. I will have slept on the plane, and should be reasonably alert.

  well, I'm just a debian gnu/linux user, but will be free at
that time. I'm not very fluent in english, but sure I can help.
I'm 40 years old. Working in development. Today in an university,
on an EU project in climate modelisation.
See http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~pbipsl/
My resume is at
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=httpp3Ap2Fp2Fbourcier.philippe.free.fr&langpair=frp7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=p2Flanguage_tools

  some suggestions:
* go dancing in a fire station (a tradition here),
* see the fireworks (a lot of people...).

  just an advice : take also some clothes for the rain and the
fresh air  ;-(
Have a look at
http://www.meteo.fr/meteonet/temps/france/prev/frprev.htm

> Please reply within the next 24 hours, I'll have wireless email until they
> close the plane. Airline and hotel information is below.
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce Perens
>
> United Airlines
> Flight 960
> Jul 13 18:25 depart SFO
> Jul 14 13:55 arrive CDG
>
> * Hotel Information *
>
>     Holiday Inn Par St Germain Des Pres
>

>       / 92 RUE DE VAUGIRARD /
>
> *Telephone:* 33-1-49-54-87-00
> *Fax Phone:* 33-1-49-54-87-01

  have fun!

> --

phone (from Fr):        01.43.49.64.31 (not a celular)
phone (from abroad): +33.1.43.49.64.31 (not a celular)

289, rue des Pyrénées Paris XX-ème

    sincerely,
--

----- End forwarded message -----

  si quelqu'un coordonne un «comité d'accueil», il peut me
contacter
--