Accepted crash 6.1.0-1 (source amd64)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:48:28 -0600
Architecture: source amd64
Maintainer: Troy Heber <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Troy Heber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
crash - kernel debugging utility, allowing gdb like syntax
crash (6.1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix for 32-bit SADUMP dumpfiles to correctly check whether a requested
physical address is within the 0-640K backup region. Without the patch,
requested physical addresses that are larger than 32-bits are truncated to
32-bit values, leading to unexpected results.
* Added support for the ELF dumpfile type that is generated by the new
"virsh dump --memory-only" option. The "--memory-only" option uses a new
"dump-guest-memory" QEMU monitor command that creates an ELF kdump vmcore
clone. The "virsh dump" command continues to borrow the "migrate" QEMU
monitor command to create a file that is designed for guest migration, and
not well-suited for a vmcore because it is not designed for random-access
of physical memory. A new "help -r" option has been added to dump the
registers that are stored in per-cpu "QEMU" ELF notes; those notes are
used to distinguish this dumpfile type from regular kdump ELF vmcores.
The patch also combines common functionality between the new format and
the SADUMP format.
* Fix for the "runq" command for kernels that have the CFS scheduler.
Without the patch, a cpu's RT runqueue may incorrectly display "[no tasks
queued]" when in fact there are tasks on its queue.
* In the highly-unlikely event that a pre-Linux 3.5 kernel's log buffer
cannot be read during initialization, display a message indicating
"WARNING: cannot read log_buf contents", and just continue. Without the
patch, a "readmem" error would be displayed and the crash session would be
* Updated the "net -a" option to support Linux 2.6.9 to 3.6.0. Without the
patch, the option displayed "net: -a option not supported or applicable on
this architecture or kernel".
* Enhanced the "net -a" option to show the struct neighbour address
associated with each line of output.
* Fix for the "runq" command for kernels that are configured with
CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED. Without the patch, tasks contained within an RT
group scheduling entity are not displayed.
* Fix for "crash --version" or "crash -v" to prevent the sourcing of a
.gdbinit file that is located in the current directory.
* Preemptive fix to handle this patch to the x86 devmem_is_allowed()
function that was posted on the Linux Kernel Mailing List here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/28/357 If the proposed kernel patch put into
place, a failed attempt to use /dev/mem when the kernel is configured with
CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM will not result in an automatic attempt to use
/proc/kcore. With this crash utility patch, the automatic switch to
/proc/kcore will be attempted regardless whether the kernel patch is
accepted or not.
* Patch for CVE-2012-3509: libiberty: objalloc_alloc integer overflows
* Fix for Linux 3.0 and later kernels that have been configured with
CONFIG_SLAB, and without CONFIG_NODES_SHIFT (or have set it to 0).
Without the patch, the warning messages "crash: nr_node_ids: symbol does
not exist" and "crash: unable to initialize kmem slab cache subsystem" are
displayed during initialization, and the "kmem -[sS]" options fail with
the message "kmem: kmem cache slab subsystem not available".
* Allow the build procedure to use an alternate compiler by passing "make
CC=<compiler>" to the top-level Makefile.
* Allow the user to append options to the "configure" script that is invoked
by the initial embedded gdb build procedure. The additional options
should be put in a file named "GDBFLAGS.extra" located in the top-level
* Change for the "ps" command if a task is stopped due to the task being
traced by another task. Without the patch, the traced task is shown with
the "ST" (stopped) status; with the patch it will be shown with a "TR"
* The "TR" state has been added to the "foreach" command's list of task
state qualifiers. Without the patch, there is no way to filter out tasks
that are stopped due to being traced by another task.
* Fix for passing a a "gdb" command to a crash session via a pipe if there
are any spaces preceding the "gdb" command name in the string. Without
the patch, the command will fail with the error message "gdb: gdb request
failed: <truncated input-string>".
* Preparation for the future S390/S390X structure name change from
"_lowcore" to "lowcore". The patch checks which structure is defined and
uses the correct name.
* Replaced datatype_info() calls in do_radix_tree() and do_rdtree() with
preferred MEMBER_SIZE() macro.
6f8917124a225e525398fa0cf2628d2ff4a7b054 1084 crash_6.1.0-1.dsc
982f10cc6b231c25c093d8022a42475a07ac0d7f 26769498 crash_6.1.0.orig.tar.gz
9f4f7198734593a9186ef4f338a32e2480584122 50766 crash_6.1.0-1.diff.gz
8205defa6250c2e3bf9f1ba853477427b3c8ab04 2643254 crash_6.1.0-1_amd64.deb
b45a1f2d8cebe187cbc59434920f09e2fd87716cfe6ef7b905b8f7915a3c2880 1084 crash_6.1.0-1.dsc
d22e673cb7a7c036d8c8141ae006d1d2b68c57ffa393c7777e804462a7efbc9e 26769498 crash_6.1.0.orig.tar.gz
da39c8db3900c6eb600987181350e795a73e18098eb954fcc51e7fc989ebde6d 50766 crash_6.1.0-1.diff.gz
c30a53b2adf435855e44d460b4a860433f3831dbbdf2f5631f28881e1b27cf10 2643254 crash_6.1.0-1_amd64.deb
b70ced636f84d340eab2c78ce37bd928 1084 utils optional crash_6.1.0-1.dsc
a1d43120b5cc3252cfdb1889aa9fee18 26769498 utils optional crash_6.1.0.orig.tar.gz
8c5ca63e317ae671c5dea404d1799ae4 50766 utils optional crash_6.1.0-1.diff.gz
9ff82c0ce4cab777da2379a7d111ddf5 2643254 utils optional crash_6.1.0-1_amd64.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----