Accepted wajig 2.0.50 (source all)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2010 17:22:16 +1000
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Graham Williams <Graham.Williams@togaware.com>
Changed-By: Graham Williams <Graham.Williams@togaware.com>
wajig - simple and unified package management for Debian
wajig (2.0.50) unstable; urgency=low
[ Tshepang Lekhonkhobe ]
* VERIFY: Add a check for debsums before running the command, and add
a Suggests on it.
* PURGE: use apt-get instead of dpkg, in order to get a yes/no prompt.
* LIST-LOG: Remove custom logging implementation
- was fragile: sometimes info was lost during a run
- was expensive: checked system cache both before and after the
operation to determine what happened; it also did this for commands
which didn't even change the system cache
- did not log cache changes when they were done by other tools
(apt, aptitude, & synaptic)
- APT log looks much better
* SHOW: use aptitude instead of apt-cache
- the output is prettier
- better virtual package handling; it displays real packages that provide
the functionality implied by that virtual package, instead of just
vomiting "package not found!"
- only displays info on the installed version; else, the latest available;
apt-get showed all available versions
- the trade-off is that the command is a bit slower, but what's the rush :)
* LIST-RECOMMENDED: new command that displays packages which are
auto-installed via Recommends, and are without installed dependencies.
* PURGE: also purge packages that were installed via a Recommends and have
nothing depending on them; this makes PURGE-DEPEND reduntant.
* REMOVE: also remove packages that were installed via a Recommends and have
nothing depending on them; this makes REMOVE-DEPEND reduntant.
* AUTO-REMOVE: Made reduntant by above REMOVE change, so removed.
* AUTO-INSTALL: Deprecated in favour of "--yes INSTALL", so removed from docs.
* NEWS: 'new' command that displays package NEWS file(s).
* AVAILABLE: AVAILABLE: removed a badly-named and redundant command; POLICY
command does the same thing.
* INSTALL: accept -y|--yes option, an alias for apt-get's --assume-yes.
* UPGRADE: accept -y|--yes option, too.
* FIX-INSTALL: accept -n|--noauth option.
* FIX-MISSING: accept -n|--noauth option, too.
* REINSTALL: accept -n|--noauth and -y|--yes option.
* HELP: introduce the convenient "wajig HELP COMMAND" functionality.
* Remove supression of error messages; Not a good idea.
* Add dependency on aptitude; It must have been forgotten.
* Cleanse packaging, drastically :-)
* Stop using python-support; There was no need for it.
afcd186b2544572e3980308202595c6c53580679 765 wajig_2.0.50.dsc
184b90d86a0593aa04f49d6b0f669f182598e332 93083 wajig_2.0.50.tar.gz
bf0dfcfde58b015717acd68985aeec1eb1140b60 94926 wajig_2.0.50_all.deb
55f27d35b92474b7fb6f58f788f58847b9c3124ab18ca20c59935fefc2fd6e7d 765 wajig_2.0.50.dsc
5c0709764d419f0cd985103dcd104c5ccfde1bcf3b6b96c479c347ad6cd8868f 93083 wajig_2.0.50.tar.gz
fd5b68e5caaf279c792c34b03ac1d6cfb79c3e8fd905a4a7e7e2fc06f634918f 94926 wajig_2.0.50_all.deb
8335dd2f304ea9c74693bbc44629d13f 765 admin optional wajig_2.0.50.dsc
898a3aaa3633e5da14efec036f5a02a0 93083 admin optional wajig_2.0.50.tar.gz
70e1a6bede93cc6ecf16b212b718bcc7 94926 admin optional wajig_2.0.50_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----