Accepted debian-edu-config 1.430 (source all)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:40:31 +0100
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Edu Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Holger Levsen <email@example.com>
debian-edu-config - Configuration files for Skolelinux systems
debian-edu-config (1.430) unstable; urgency=low
[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
* Adjust ltsp-make-client used to enable LTSP based diskless
- Make sure the loopback interface is enabled at boot.
- Make sure to enable bootmisc.sh, dbus, hal and pulseaudio on
diskless workstations (runlevel 3).
- Disable ltsp-client-core in runlevel 3, to avoid ldm on
- Make sure package depend on instead of recommend patch, as patch
is used to configure KDM.
- Disable init.d scripts readahead, readahead-desktop, stop-readahead,
lvm2, resize_lvm, hdparm, xfs, rsync, hddtemp and fam on thin clients
and diskless workstations, as neither should be needed and we want
them to boot faster.
- Disable portmap, nfs-common, nslcd and rwhod on thin clients.
- Make sure portmap and nfs-common only start on diskless workstations.
- Remove useless code copying /etc/hosts from host environment.
The client seem to boot fine without it, and it would have to
copy to hosts.ltsp to work.
- Make sure /var/spool/rwho/ is writable to get rwhod working.
- Add code to adjust resolv.conf during boot depending on which
DNS server address is working, unless already set in lts.conf.
Test 10.0.2.2 and 192.168.1.254. Disable resolvconf.
- Make /var/cache/hald/ writable for hald to start at boot.
- Make sure SSL certificate for the LDAP server is available on
the clients by copying it if available on the server or making
sure init.d/fetch-ldap-cert will work during boot.
- Rewrite how the Workstation task is installed to behave exactly
like debian-installer/pkgsel (Solves skolelinux bug #1400).
- Group code to fetch the SSL certificate for the LDAP server in
- Move extra entries for /etc/defaut/ltsp-client-setup to a file
included in the package, to make it easier to update the
content using apt.
- Disable resolvconf, as dhclient isn't running and resolvconf
thus fail to do anything useful.
- Rewrite how APT options are specified, from the command line to
a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/, to make sure tasksel is also
using the required options.
- Make sure tasksel diverts are cleaned up even if tasksel fail.
- Drop code inserting our own policy-rc.d, and instead set
LTSP_HANDLE_DAEMONS=false to tell the LTSP policy-rc.d to not
start any services in the chroot.
- Make sure all messages are sent to stderr.
- Try harder to get aptitude to accept the unauthenticated
packages on the CD/DVD.
- Make test for detecting a configured LTSP environment more
- Correct how the LDAP SSL certificate is copied into the LTSP
chroot, to get it to work in combined main-server +
thin-client-server installations and avoid unneeded work during
- Adjust how the internal web server SSL certificate is made
available for iceweasel to make sure it is copied into the LTSP
* Add cfinputs_version = ( 2 ) in all cfengine files, to document
the format and avoid warning from cfengine.
* Clean up Iceweasel proxy configuration, avoiding several conficting
configuration settings. Make sure only the WPAD configuration is
used, and move all proxy handling to cf.squid.
* Add test to verify that the automatic proxy configuration file (WPAD)
* Use /usr/bin/update-ini-file to edit iceweasel ini file instead of
editing the file using edit rules. Less prone to error.
* Change update-hostname-from-ip to fall back to interface eth0 if
there is no default route available.
* Avoid dpkg -S in bin/update-hostname-from-ip to speed up the DNS
lookup. Use 'getent hosts <IP>' instead.
* Remove cfengine rule to add '*' to kdm/Xaccess and do not enable
XDMC in kdmrc, as LTSP is using SSH to log in now, and thus do not
need XDMC access.
* Remove cfengine rule to disallow root login for standalone
installs. it seem to be the default in Debian.
* Make sure init.d/fetch-ldap-cert return exit code 1 when it fail
to download the certificate.
* Make sure ltsp-make-client copy the Iceweasel certificate override
file every time it is executed, instead of expecting
snakeoil-on-ice to do this. This required rewriting the cfengine
rules to have four passes running shell commands.
* Fix typo and improve messages in snakeoil-on-ice.
* Add code in postinst to remove the now obsolete conffile
/etc/init.d/boot_xconf on upgrades.
* Leave the creation of /opt/ltsp/*/etc/iceweasel/profile/ to
ltsp-make-client and not cfengine. Drop cfengine rule.
* Disable cfengine rule creating
/opt/ltsp/*/etc/ltsp/update-kernels.conf, as the boot arguments
provided there are now set using pxelinux.
* Adjust debian-edu-pxeinstall to improve the PXE installation
- Drop d-i default PXE entries from our PXE menu.
- Move PXE menu separator entries to the toplevel file, to have
better control over their placement and avoid the empty line at
the end on the menu.
- Preseed the locale and keyboard settings from the main-server
installation. This depend on the debian-edu-profile-udeb
copying the cdebconf failes into /target a bit earlier than
- Preseed the apt source settings from the main-server
installation, unless it was installed from DVD (for DVD installs
hard code http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian).
- Add hack to fetch list of updated udebs to install directly from
PXE installation, to work around the fact that the Debian/Lenny
packages are old and produce too small partitions and fail to
hide the tasksel question. (Solves skolelinux bug #1401).
- Use above hack to install newer ltsp-client-builder, to try to
get PXE installation of LTSP servers working (Related to
skolelinux bugs #1369).
- Install same desktop type via PXE as the one that was selected
for the main-server installation. Add workaround for d-i
refusing to accept tasksel/desktop= as kernel argument. Use
- Hardcode host name to 'pxeinstall' during installation. It is
changed at boot anyway based on DNS lookups, so no need to slow
down the installation with that question.
- Fix typo in ltsp preseeding (Solves skolelinux bugs #1369).
- Append the content of
/etc/debian-edu/www/debian-edu-install.dat.local when generating
the PXE preseeding file, to make it easier to have local
overrides and still be able to rerun debian-edu-pxeinstall.
- Make it easier to adjust the behaviour by reading
/etc/debian-edu/pxeinstall.conf after variables are set if the
file exist. Made a few more parameters set based on variables
(proxy, url to extra udebs) to make it possible to
adjust these values.
* New script debian-edu-hwsetup to have a place to implement
hardware specific tweaks. Currently remove usplash on Acer Aspire
One, avoid the white on white console and fix xorg.conf on HP Mini
2133 (keep keyboard setting) and install hardware specific
packages using discover-pkginstall.
* New tool pipegraph, to debug strange debconf problems.
[ Holger Levsen ]
* debian-edu-pxeinstall: re-order PXE menu entries.
[ Ronny Aasen ]
* Alter wpad.pac to go direct on unresolveable addresses. (Closes
skolelinux bug: 1068)
[ John S. Skogtvedt ]
* ltsp-client-setup: fix typo, wait max 1 second per host.
14cc5a5f99b031099212151201f1314dee10612e 1326 debian-edu-config_1.430.dsc
d638e23cf437c0b734ebb0b44358a8db4446144c 291770 debian-edu-config_1.430.tar.gz
56aeea98f3b1b70e38db5beafc1de266b2e3074d 260232 debian-edu-config_1.430_all.deb
134e5fd40fe67fe32ed581e06e363a2e9650afb182035b01ef3ed269ee1b9860 1326 debian-edu-config_1.430.dsc
54eb4dcea9d5e39b93268260932d4dc7d2601b3a642d54762d41a6dea6000a13 291770 debian-edu-config_1.430.tar.gz
90a4f59c6912772f9d2f466cd9607a44414a24b637fa1fe788bf5d0254e4714a 260232 debian-edu-config_1.430_all.deb
36159524a95af943e9be09f3027d4d39 1326 misc extra debian-edu-config_1.430.dsc
983d12ae692ec8260690af0520960f9f 291770 misc extra debian-edu-config_1.430.tar.gz
765559fda800ccb5e934e0e584fb596d 260232 misc extra debian-edu-config_1.430_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----