Accepted tleds 1.05beta10-9 (source i386)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:38:15 -0700
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Russ Allbery <email@example.com>
tleds - blinks keyboard LEDs for TX and RX network packets
Closes: 32074 60653 103920 159383 271240 276789
tleds (1.05beta10-9) unstable; urgency=low
* QA upload.
* This package is orphaned. Change maintainer to QA team.
* Security: Do not create symlinks in /tmp as root, do not trust PIDs in
/tmp/tleds.pid when running as root, and create the PID file securely
when running as a regular user. Thanks to Juergen Salk for the patch.
* Security: Check the ownership of the PID file and refuse to signal the
process unless the PID file is owned by the user running tleds -k.
* Add a -n option to use the ScrollLock light for both incoming and
outgoing traffic, since using NumLock does nasty things to some
keyboards. Thanks, Maxime Chatelle. (Closes: #32074)
* Use daemon to background rather than a simple fork and detach from a
controlling terminal if run as root. This will hopefully prevent
tleds from grabbing a remote login terminal and preventing a clean
exit from the terminal that started it. (Closes: #271240)
* Renice to a priority of 10 in the init script. Blinking the keyboard
LEDs isn't that important. (Closes: #60653)
* Rip out all remnants of Linux 2.0 support. This means the binary
is called tleds as documented. (Closes: #159383)
* Install the binary into bin instead of sbin; tleds supposedly
supports running as a normal user if the init script is disabled.
* Remove any mention of xtleds from the man page, since the Debian
package has never installed it. (Closes: #103920)
* Remove the unnecessary sleep 1 in the init script.
* Add a README.Debian file explaining how to get started with the
package and noting differences between the Debian package and
* Update standards version to 3.6.2.
- Build with debugging by default and support noopt.
- Don't always strip the binaries; let debhelper handle that.
* Update to debhelper compatibility level V4.
* Rephrase the description to be more accurate and succinct.
* Reformatted the copyright file, added the upstream author, added the
actual copyright statement, and copied the GPL notice from the source.
* Change section to utils to match override.
546111602a0459eb68554bc62bef0e0e 571 utils extra tleds_1.05beta10-9.dsc
81f85a7633d359f7f02e76df188f66a2 16596 utils extra tleds_1.05beta10-9.diff.gz
4b5296b03d329fd674efd33a23a97454 16534 utils extra tleds_1.05beta10-9_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----