Accepted dpkg 1.13.11 (source i386 all)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:44:44 +0100
Binary: dpkg dselect dpkg-dev
Architecture: source i386 all
Maintainer: Scott James Remnant <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Scott James Remnant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
dpkg - package maintenance system for Debian
dpkg-dev - package building tools for Debian
dselect - user tool to manage Debian packages
Closes: 5571 47404 57194 82407 95570 113626 121173 147574 151651 156319 169928 170869 171762 201848 236733 268639 273489 296026 302229 306474 306874 310306 310390 316470 317760 317770 318376 318473 318659 318745 319781 319784 319816 320925 320952 322359 322361 322362 322595 322917
dpkg (1.13.11) unstable; urgency=low
The "Good, clean fun" Release.
* Fixed the always broken error handling so that only the intended
cleanup handlers are run, rather than ones that we didn't expect.
This corrects the bug when a package's postrm fails and the package is
left in an installed state with no files; the package will now be left
in a half-installed state, as originally intended. Found by Marga
Manterola while documenting the maintainer scripts. Closes: #296026.
* Fixed removal of files involved in diversions during upgrade, caused by
checking whether the "directory" was in use by another package without
actually checking whether or not it was a directory. Closes: #310390.
* Fixed package saving to not disappear packages who divert anything from
the installing package out of the way. Closes: #113626.
* Improved clean-up of unpack failure during install or upgrade, to leave
the system in exactly the same state as it started in.
Closes: #47404, #82407, #121173, #170869, #201848, #236733, #268639.
* Fixed crash when unpacking a package which has an unversioned Replaces
declared on it by another package previously unpacked in the same run
(Colin Watson). Closes: #322595.
* New install unwinding fixed to ensure we don't leave a version in the
status db for a not-installed package.
* Corrected error call when encountering a corrupted filesystem tarfile
to not print "Success". Closes: #95570.
* Fixed castration of potentially unsafe devices to not follow symlinks.
* Marked log file descriptor as close-on-exec. Closes: #320925.
* Re-worked dpkg-source -x to allow all manner of strange things maintainers
seem to do, unpacking isn't the right place to enforce sanity; we'll
do it in -b later on >:-). Closes: #316470, #317760, #318473, #318745,
#322359, #322361, #322362.
* Corrected dselect synopsis line to match consensus. Closes: #318659.
* Changed dpkg-name to use a shell redirect rather than the /dev/stderr
device that may not be writable. Closes: #318376.
* Adjusted various dpkg-query options to avoid outputting a trailing
newline. Closes: #151651, #319781.
* Changed references to "statusoverride" file to just "statoverride"
to make it match reality. Closes: #320952.
* Fixed several bugs with the default diff ignore list used by dpkg-source.
* Added ,,* to the list of default diff ignore list. Closes: #322917.
* Fixes to dpkg-dev (Frank Lichtenheld):
- dpkg-checkbuilddeps will now exit with an error if it is unable to
parse a dependency field. Closes: #171762, #302229.
- dpkg-genchanges will now output a warning if given -sd for a native
package, as it's going to ignore it. Closes: #5571.
- dpkg-source fixed to give a more meaningful error message if given
a directory as the first argument. Closes: #306874.
- dpkg-source fixed to handle being given an absolute path to -b.
- Fix controllib.pl to allow whitespace before version operators.
Closes: #273489, #310306.
- Fix architecture dependency parsing that sometimes generated wrong
list of requirements. Closes: #319816.
- Make the default control field name mangling behaviour "nicer" by
upper-casing all letters that come after a dash. Closes: #306474.
- Ignore trailing newlines in single paragraph control files.
Closes: #57194, #156319
- Fixed typo in dpkg-architecture man page. Closes: #317770.
- Documented dpkg-deb -W/--show and --showformat. Closes: #319784.
58e36a37b7b2557cad0ba4ac62ba262f 637 base required dpkg_1.13.11.dsc
1c270abc1e0eb19a56042ee5c78f2c02 3571530 base required dpkg_1.13.11.tar.gz
6ee6f8d5a6b35f66b8744e231fe1eb7c 1820772 base required dpkg_1.13.11_i386.deb
ece1d4861d07e98df7dee3ad919c5ec4 119780 base required dselect_1.13.11_i386.deb
c5492ff26b9de19da9e817be40a46d97 163106 utils standard dpkg-dev_1.13.11_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----