Accepted offlineimap 3.99.7 (all source)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:30:11 -0600
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: John Goerzen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: John Goerzen <email@example.com>
offlineimap - IMAP/Maildir synchronization and reader support
offlineimap (3.99.7) unstable; urgency=low
* This is a 4.0 TRACK release, and may be unstable or in flux!
* Converted entire manual to DocBook SGML so it will be easier to
expand in the future. The HTML manual, also, looks far nicer now
than it did before.
* Fixed the Tk.VerboseUI -- small, silly error introduced in 3.99.6.
* Multiple performance and reliability enhancements to syncing
algorithms, as described below.
* The process of uploading new messages from local folders to the IMAP
server was not internally multi-threaded previously. Now it is.
This means that if you have a single folder with lots of new messages
locally, the processing time should be dramatically sped up. Moreover,
the process should be more reliable because we do not risk connections
* The process of synchronizing flags has been overhauled and optimized.
Previously, for each message where a flag (seen, replied, etc.) was
changed, we'd issue a separate command to the IMAP server to adjust
things. Now, we issue one command for each flag. In other words,
instead of seing 45 messages saying something like "Adding flag S to
message 1421", you now see one message saying "Adding flag S to 45
messages" -- and the interaction with the IMAP server may well be
almost 45 times faster on this. We will now issue at most four
commands per flag operation (add or remove) per folder, where before,
we may have issued as many as two per message. Should be a
large speedup in most cases, but a small slowdown in a few.
* Potentially increased the reliability of writing files to the Maildir.
20a2d3044e676fa7c28522fc62fadde8 588 mail optional offlineimap_3.99.7.dsc
a35b935bd424a8ab500e07c384d8d28c 402704 mail optional offlineimap_3.99.7.tar.gz
d84857b53bf04676688f07f430d2ea7e 165080 mail optional offlineimap_3.99.7_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----