Accepted man-db 2.4.0-1 (i386 source)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:40:32 +0000
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Colin Watson <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
man-db - The on-line manual pager
Closes: 37686 58112 74790 107946 108410 111851 123312 123994 123997 129783 137908 139155 141403 143389 146696 149547
man-db (2.4.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
- Restructure the code that finds man pages to allow more flexibility.
Man pages are now located first, then sorted properly before they are
displayed (closes: #107946, #146696).
- Case-insensitive lookups are now the default, although they can be
disabled with -I or --match-case (closes: #108410). The database
format had to be changed to support this, so existing databases will
need to be rebuilt; debconf will ask about this at medium priority. In
the process, move from libdb2 to libdb3.
- Add a new -E/--encoding option to select different nroff devices
- Use groff's utf8 device if the current locale specifies the UTF-8
character set (closes: #129783).
- Various changes that help with displaying output from the forthcoming
groff 1.18. In particular, the -R flag is passed to less - shout if
this causes any problems.
- Work around libdb delays on zero-length databases (closes: #137908).
- Add $MANLESS, which can be used to override all of man's
do-what-I-mean code for setting $LESS (closes: #141403).
- 'apropos --wildcard' anchors on word boundaries by default. Use
--exact as well to revert to the old behaviour (closes: #37686).
- Mention ps and utf8 groff output devices in man(1) (closes: #123997).
- Document mandb's exit codes in its man page (closes: #111851).
- Set less's -M prompt as well as its -m prompt (closes: #123312).
- Give the correct page titles to less when man is invoked recursively
- Use .BR for references in manpage.example (closes: #143389).
* Stop using the wrapper that squashed root privileges down to uid man. It
didn't provide any real security benefits in my opinion, and caused too
many problems (closes: #58112, #74790).
* Updated German and Brazilian Portuguese debconf translations (thanks,
Sebastian Rittau and Andre Luis Lopes).
* Correct path to text manual in doc-base file, and mention some more
formats (thanks, Robert Luberda; closes: #149547).
* start-stop-daemon isn't available when running from debootstrap. Use
perl in the postinst instead to drop privileges in this case (thanks to
Torsten Landschoff for the idea).
7032cf12e6c80af82d1d18b4030c1e39 657 doc important man-db_2.4.0-1.dsc
977a1d8bf61effa7147ff0d1822f3eed 557609 doc important man-db_2.4.0.orig.tar.gz
4c87bcd79aaf26434d46930d6aef5b2b 45513 doc important man-db_2.4.0-1.diff.gz
2f8e7fab9fa47c736be0a587f5fb389a 497992 doc important man-db_2.4.0-1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Colin Watson <email@example.com> -- Debian developer
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com