Uploaded xaw3d 1.3-6.8 (hurd-i386) to erlangen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 02:46:16 +0100
Binary: xaw3dg xaw3d xaw3dg-dev
Distribution: frozen unstable
Maintainer: Marcus Brinkmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
xaw3dg - cute 3D replacement for the X Athena widget set
xaw3dg-dev - Xaw3d widget set development package
Closes: 17184 27133 32244 53515
xaw3d (1.3-6.8) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload, blessed by the maintainer.
* Fix porting issues by making xaw3d (the libc5-compat package)
Architecture: i386 m68k, closes: #17184, #27133, #32244, #53515.
* Used xlib6-altdev tools, too (xmkmf), to make libc5 version depend
on libc5 X libs (does anyone actually use this libc5-compat lib?!).
* Added Replaces: xaw3dg (<< 1.3-6.4) to xaw3dg-dev, because dpkg would
barf when upgrading from versions of xaw3dg prior to that one, which
still contained the static library. [important]
* Updated for Policy 3.1. Converted to debhelper v2. Lintian clean.
* Removed Conflicts: and Replaces: xaw3d from xaw3dg, as libc6 version
does not replace functionality of libc5 version (theoretically that
doesn't even work).
* Did strip --strip-debug on the static library (through dh_strip),
reducing it by more than a half in size.
* Used upstream Imakefile/Makefile to install things (not for
libc5-compat, though), actually the only modified variable is $(INCDIR).
The difference is that three header files are removed - but those were
most probably extra anyway; and one .c file added - but it seems to be
* Made the libc5-compat Imakefile build only the shared library, as we
don't use the static one, to reduce build time.
* Made `clean' rule work all the time.
* Moved xaw3dg-dev to section devel and xaw3d to oldlibs.
* Moved Suggests: nextawg to xaw3dg package.
* Upgrade to new xaw-wrappers obsoletes xaw3d(g)'s xaw-wrappers files,
removed them now. Added Suggests: xaw-wrappers to library packages.
* Made -dev depend on the exact same version of library package.
Made -dev package's doc directory a symlink to library package's dir.
* Removed version from xlib6(g) dependency from the shlibs file... it
changes constantly in xlib6(g) itself, and dpkg-shlibdeps uses the
xlib6g's one anyway, so there's no point in using it.
* Unconditionally fixed lib/Xaw3d/XawI18n.h, to remove need for setting
-DDEBIAN through make cmdline flags.
* Changed backup tempfile location in postinsts from /etc to /var/run.
* Some s/3d/3D/ changes. Renamed debian.README to README.Debian.
Clarified descriptions in control and in xaw3dg postinst.
6d882977359077d299561d4ffb2b31df 128866 x11 optional xaw3dg_1.3-6.8_hurd-i386.deb
2c6c2940f61e94bb25cd6d21565b2ca1 187930 devel optional xaw3dg-dev_1.3-6.8_hurd-i386.deb
Changed-By: Josip Rodin <email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----