Uploaded zope 2.1.3-1 (powerpc) to samosa
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:54:20 +0100
Distribution: frozen unstable
Maintainer: PowerPC Build Daemon/Daniel Jacobowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
zope - The Z Object Publishing Environment
Closes: 46015 54917
zope (2.1.3-1) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* IMPORTANT CHANGE: Changed the default port to 9673. The former default,
8080, conflicted with proxy servers like squid, wwwoffle etc.
ZServer now by default starts its HTTP server on port 9673, use
http://localhost:9673 to access it. The FTP server is started on port
8021, the control monitor on port 8099. To change this, refer to
To the archive maintainer: This should solve many installation problems
that were not recorded in the BTS. Upgrading from a previous release,
the user will be warned!
* Also reflected this in the documentation. Added a section "Differences to
upstream" to README.Debian and mention the directory structure in
/var/lib/zope (closes: #54917).
* New upstream version, which is only a bug fix release. 2.1.3 fixes one
grave bug, where the database was corrupted when the administrator tried
to pack it (closes: grave #56164, closes: important #56271).
The only changes in 2.1.3 are the following things, there is no new code
nor new features:
- A race condition in the logic for managing Zope database connections
caused Zope to hang on very busy sites.
- A bug in the packing code that caused records to be nreadable after:
o someone did work in a version
o Someone did an (unrelated) undo
o the version was committed
and the database was packed to a time before the work was done in the
- Fixed a bug that caused packing to raise an
error in the following situation:
o someone modifies and then deletes an object in a version.
o they commit the version
o the database is packed between the time the object is deleted and
the time the version is committed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zope to sometimes hang instead of shutting
down or restarting when accessed over a fast network.
- It wasn't possible to use a ZClass instance as a method of a ZClass.
c937dde121c9d99e4fb7f78116b69647 1157430 web optional zope_2.1.3-1_powerpc.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----