Uploaded xinetd 18.104.22.168-1 (arm) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:14:14 +0200
xinetd - replacement for inetd with many enhancements
Closes: 38361 49398
xinetd (1:22.214.171.124-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Admitting the sad truth, i.e. marking the package as orphaned. Norbert
hasn't done an upload in some eleven months, and hasn't responded?to
our NMUs and several e-mails in more than two months. :(
* New upstream version. It's from a completely different development
branch, versioned differently, so I had to introduce an epoch. :|
Note that we *have to* use this version because the previous one breaks
its own original license! Closes: #38361 #41386 #41568.
* Updated packaging files for the new autoconf stuff, patched configure.in
and Makefile.in to support install in custom non-existant directories,
included example xinetd.conf file in examples directory.
* Updated docs regarding the new xconv.pl script. Not using it in
postinst, at least not yet.
* Skipped all old patches, except the one for src/itox.c, which is now
forwarded/included in upstream package, with some others.
* Added --with-libwrap to configure flags, to link with libwrap0, as
suggested by the upstream author. From the README file:
When xinetd does access checking, it will first ask libwrap to check
/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny, then if libwrap accepts the
connection, xinetd will consult its own access control mechanism.
* Fixed postrm script to work on purge, and to remove /etc/init.d/inetd
(created in postinst) prior to un-diverting it (otherwise dpkg-divert
would bomb out, overwriting not allowed).
* Moved making the dummy /etc/init.d/inetd script to postinst, to
avoid the lintian error.
* Fixed s/daemon-dir/daemon_dir/ in README.update-inetd file.
* Updated itox.1 manual page, moved it to section 8 and to xinetd/
directory, and integrated it (and itox) in the Makefile install: rule.
* Updated the init script, made checkportmap() check in /etc/xinetd.conf
file (don't know whether the check is ultimately correct, though).
* Upgraded netbase dependency to 3.16-4, because the fixed update-inetd
script is included since that version.
* Doesn't recommend netstd anymore, apparently it no longer exists,
that closes: #49398 #49438.
fe4fe5573cd2eae5a4986601f26f52bc 96490 net optional xinetd_126.96.36.199-1_arm.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----