Uploaded libgmp2 2.0.2-1 (alpha) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:16:41 -0400
Binary: libgmp2 libgmp2-dev
libgmp2 - Multiprecision arithmetic library
libgmp2-dev - Multiprecision arithmetic library developers tools.
libgmp2 (2.0.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Installed the following Daniel Jacobowitz set of patches:
* * Add patch for powerpc-linux support (fixes bug#31032, bug#31731).
* * Remove debian/files in clean target (fixes bug#32323).
* * Add the patches from the author at
* <http://www.matematik.su.se/~tege/gmp/> to fix a number of upstream
* bugs (fixes bug#26804):
* * A typo in mpq_equal makes it fail if the first compared operand is
* negative. This patch corrects the problem. Joe Keane found the
* problem and wrote the patch.
* * Several errors in mpf_set_str and mpf_get_str make these functions
* segfault, and possibly generate incorrect results. This also
* affects mpf_out_str, mpf_inp_str, and mpf_init_set_str. This
* gzip'ed patch fixes these errors.
* * A bug in a test case makes ake check' fail using the N32 ABI
* under Irix6. Apply this patch to mpz/tests/t-powm_ui.c to fix the
* bug. (Note that the N32 ABI isn't really supported in GMP; you
* need to pass -n32 -mips3 -D_LONG_LONG_LIMB' manually to make GMP
* build correctly.)
* * The performance on SPARC is poor because of a typo that causes
* some of the assembly code to be omitted. Apply this patch to
* mpn/configure.in to fix this.
* * A bug in mpz_invert makes it sometimes return a negative result,
* and sometimes not detect when an inverse does not exist. Apply
* this patch to mpz/invert.c to fix this.
* * A bug in mpq_add and mpq_sub makes them work unreliably due to
* references outside of allocated memory. Apply this patch to the
* mpq subdirectory to fix this.
* * A change to GCC (I think from version 2.8) makes GMP fail to build
* on IBM RS/6000 computers running AIX. You'll see complaints of
* unrecognized assembly instructions. Pass CFLAGS="-g -O2
* -mcpu=power" or CFLAGS="-g -O2 -mcpu=powerpc" to ake' to work
* around this. (Choose the form that is appropriate for your system;
* if you're unsure which processor type you have, try running
* config.guess from the GMP top level directory.)
* * A bug in mpz_probab_prime_p makes it work unreliably for numbers <
* 4. Apply this patch to mpz/pprime_p.c to fix the bug.
* * Update debian/control to reflect that GNU MP is covered by the LGPL,
* not the GPL (fixes: bug#21326).
* * Build libgmp2.so with -fPIC (fixes: bug#17746, bug#20022).
* * Fix make check to run with a libgmp2.a; run make check during build.
* In addition to the above patches, the following changes were made:
* Renamed the package libgmp2, making it conflict with those replaced.
* fixes: #28923, #28924
* Remove both debian/file* and debian/substvars* in clean tag. fixes: #32323
* provide generic links in libgmp2-dev for header files, libgmp.a, and
* libgmp.so. Fixes: #25760, #31309
* Applied the ARM patches delivered by Jim Pick. Fixes: #33740
* Removed -Wl from makefile.in to conform to policy.
a91124555ac9be515ee2b8df8296a59a 120352 libs extra libgmp2_2.0.2-1_alpha.deb
5dc8457a70377a691ff9adca606e816d 107876 devel extra libgmp2-dev_2.0.2-1_alpha.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----