Uploaded dhcp 1.0.2-0.1 (arm) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:15:22 -0400
Distribution: frozen unstable
dhcp - DHCP automatic IP address assignment
dhcp (1.0.2-0.1) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* Non-maintainer upload that fixes "important" bug #24443 (it should also
fix all remaining open bugs, as described below).
* New upstream release (this new release is what solves bug #24443).
* The new upstream release also includes the fix for bug #23087 and
#23094, that was included in the previous NMU I did (1.0.1-1.1).
* Removed from /etc/init.d/dhcp sourcing of /etc/init.d/functions because
this file is obsolete and is not present in newer Debian releases
(>= 2.0). This fixes #22983 (init script sources non-existent script).
* Changed _PATH_DHCPD_DB in dhcpd.h to /var/dhcp/dhcpd.leases (it was
/var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases, which we are not using anymore). So,
now the leases database will be in /var/dhcp/dhcpd.leases. No more
files in /var/dhcpd/ nor /var/lib/dhcpd/.
* Changed VARDB (in the linux-2.0 section of Makefile.dist) to be
/var/dhcp/ instead of /var/dhcpd/ (this was done to support the
change of the leases database to /var/dhcp/). The consequence of this
is that /var/dhcpd/ is not provided in the .deb anymore (which is
fine because this directory is not used).
* Defined PATH_DHCPD_DB as a constant equal to "/var/dhcp/dhcpd.leases"
in the postinst. Used this constant in all references to the leases
database througout the postinst.
* s%ETCDIR%/etc/%g, s%DBDIR%/var/dhcp/%g and s%RUNDIR%/var/run/%g in
dhcpd.8 and dhcpd.leases.5, so the man pages show the correct directory.
* The above four changes fix bug #21961 (Invalid DBDIR and problem in
postinst) reported by myself. Also, they should fix bug #23193 (Upgrade
from dhcpd broken) as well.
* Made the default _not_ to run dhcpd. This was done by setting run_dhcpd
to 0 in the default /etc/init.d/dhcp.
* Change comments that are printed out in the last part of the postinst
to explain that editing of /etc/dhcpd.conf and /etc/init.d/dhcp is
necessary in order to be able to run dhcpd.
* Fixed a small typo in /etc/init.d/dhcp (diasble -> disable).
e55a47262eb1b38e2ce8e7b449800a2f 71710 net optional dhcp_1.0.2-0.1_arm.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----