Uploaded apache 1.3b6-2 (m68k) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:53:42 -0400
Binary: apache-doc apache-dev apache
Distribution: frozen unstable
Maintainer: Stefan Gybas <email@example.com>
apache - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
apache (1.3b6-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low, closes=20438 20569 18187 18768 18188 17350 15344 17517 18310 16146 15693 19169 18098 18553 19616
* New upstream version, release candidate for 1.3.0.
* The dynamic loading that Debian has done for years is now
* Better support for HTTP/1.1-style virtual hosts.
* A number of bugfixes and internal performance enhancements.
* Changes from 1.3b6-1 release candidate of Tuesday:
* Added APACI configuration fixes from Scott K. Ellis.
* Linked shared modules against libc6 as per policy.
* The init.d script uses apachectl internally.
* The proxy module appears broken, so activation is no longer
* Updated provided conf files, adding highperformance.conf example.
* Fixed Powered-by-Apache graphic in /usr/doc/apache/icons/.
* The configuration program now adds all features with LoadModule
directives, and in the order recommended for Debian by Lars Eilebrecht
of the Apache Group (fixing mystifying stuff like #19169).
* Install scripts no longer attempt to edit /etc/passwd directly,
which wasn't reliable anyway (#18588).
* Added text to make it clearer that "corrected" paths are not
saved to the config files until the very end (#18187).
* Standard configuration no longer stores icons in /usr/doc (#18188,
#15344), but asks before correcting icon directory Alias and cgi-bin
* The apachectl script now uses correct paths (#19616).
* Uses better regular expression in init.d from Nicholas Lichtmaier.
* It is now possible to backspace during the selection of Y or N
within apacheconfig (#18310), which also fixes operation on sparc.
* Configuration program no longer attempts to reconfigure a
correctly-configured configuration during an upgrade (#17350, #18768,
* Binds to port 80 even without an explicit Port directive (#18553).
* The cron.daily script now correctly parses the obsolete and insecure
Group number "#-1" in httpd.conf (#16146, #15693).
* Fixed details of logfile locations in apache manpage (#20438).
* The init.d script now uses the "graceful restart" reload method.
* Closes #20569: log files listed multiple times are only aged once.
* Updated initial site webpage.
* Added yet more debhelperization, eliminating lintian errors.
* Updated to Standards-Version 18.104.22.168.
* Closes #18098 -- there is no demand for a 1.2.6 package, and only
this 1.3.x has been tested in hamm).
* Closes #18128 -- the postinst should not offer an inetd option, as the
Apache Group has made it clear this "does not work propery -- avoid if
at all possible.".
* Demotes #20655 to severity fixed (apache no longer needs the non-free
mysql.h header to compile, mod_so replaces mod_dl, and dpkg-dev
22.214.171.124 can extract the source package).
* Released as -2 because a derivative of a -1 test release somehow found
its way into Incoming.
e61f8621e5791bd518b7d3688e8254bb 539760 web optional apache_1.3b6-2_m68k.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com