[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Uploaded perl 5.004.04-3 (source i386) to master



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I've uploaded the following to master.  (Actually it's been there for
1.5 days, debian-changes-devel doesn't exist.)  As always, it's
available at ftp://ftp.daft.com/pub/debian/perl*.

You definitely want to use this version rather than 5.004.04-2 if you
are upgrading from bo.  Santiago <sanvila@ctv.es> found a bug where it's 
possible for Perl to not exist for a short time during upgrade.

Darren

Format: 1.5
Date: Tue,  9 Dec 1997 12:21:48 -0800
Source: perl
Binary: perl-suid perl-debug perl-base perl
Architecture: source i386
Version: 5.004.04-3
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium (High for those upgrading from bo)
Maintainer: Darren Stalder <torin@daft.com>
Description: 
 perl       - Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report Language.
 perl-base  - The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
 perl-debug - Allow debugging Perl scripts (and Perl).
 perl-suid  - Runs setuid Perl scripts.
Changes: 
 perl (5.004.04-3) unstable; urgency=medium (High for those upgrading from bo)
 .
   * A start on building a libperl5.so.\d+.  I'm going to put this into
     since 1) Perl is linking with a static libperl.a and 2) people may
     want to install libperl5.so.\d+ without installing perl.
   * Oops.  I hadn't considered the chance that the old perl package would
     be replaced by the new perl package (without Perl) before perl.base
     was configured.  Added a pre-depends of perl-base (>=5.004.04-2) to
     make sure that Perl is always installed on an upgrade.
   * The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time.  The remaining 10%
     of the time takes the other 90%.  Building a libperl ran into some
     interesting snags and will not debut with this version.
   * Adapted patch by Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> that uses
     if's in the postinst so that we don't get false negatives on
     install.  Took the chance to change the find/xargs to use -print0/-0
     jic.
Files: 
 63424841df738de01f63804367d8b87d 651 interpreters - perl_5.004.04-3.dsc
 2b901caa677ceb9af5565fb2fd78919a 26406 interpreters - perl_5.004.04-3.diff.gz
 15e380aeee5dc3835a2c57f5b4d39079 3041398 interpreters Important perl_5.004.04-3_i386.deb
 a50c97cbb028a6d33d1c853427114b97 477102 base required perl-base_5.004.04-3_i386.deb
 aef4f189e4c5dd622834c6a62910c26a 235496 interpreters Standard perl-suid_5.004.04-3_i386.deb
 645eb1ebab05dcf3d6f4d16ae33e10a7 1329842 interpreters Optional perl-debug_5.004.04-3_i386.deb


- -- 
<torin@daft.com> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <torin@debian.org> <torin@io.com>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996
@ Sysadmin, webweaver, postmaster for hire.  C/Perl/CGI programmer and tutor. @
@		     Make a little hot-tub in your soul.		      @

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.3
Charset: noconv
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.4, an Emacs/PGP interface

iQCVAwUBNJA0Bo4wrq++1Ls5AQE5XAP/aZMXeQpPBbEYSRZXuDz1t+y5XvkjRQ4X
5V+8NKIYPg5f7WsYzpgE+7QV2gLsAsx4a+GncklJeFGWXaxLO7YRnPAhsq5uCflO
bMIZAEGW81haLJaQFEGXHrYqZ5BBnyFbDMz0mL9D3jFkur53uFir6gEbP3gwAweg
WspRBkCD4zE=
=SobG
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-changes-request@lists.debian.org . 
Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .


Reply to: