Call for Debian 13 (trixie) artwork proposals

Dear Debianites

This is the official call for artwork proposals for the
trixie cycle. For the most up to date details, please
refer to the wiki[1]. At the same time, we would like
to thank Juliette Taka for creating the Emerald  theme
for bookworm[2].

So, if you would like (or know someone who would like)
to create a desktop look and feel that will be seen by
trillions of people, be sure to send in your artwork
ASAP!

Deadline for submissions: 2024-09-19

The artwork is usually picked based on which theme looks the most:

- "Debian"

(Admittedly not the most defined concept, since
everyone has their own take on what Debian means
to them.)

- plausible to integrate without patching core software

(As much as we love some of the insanely good
looking themes, some would require heavy GTK+ theming
and patching GDM/GNOME.)

- clean / well designed

(without becoming something that gets annoying to look
at a year down the road. Examples of good themes
include Joy, Lines, softWaves and futurePrototype)

For more information / details, please post to the
Debian Desktop[3] list, to which the reply-to for this mail
has been set.

-Jonathan, on behalf of the Debian Desktop team

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Trixie
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Emerald
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage