Bits from the Release Team: a trixie customer

Hi,

On 10th June 2023 we released Debian 12 "bookworm".

There are too many people who should be thanked for their work on getting
us to this point to list them all individually, and we would be sure to
miss some. Nevertheless, we would like to particularly thank the installer
team, the buildd and ftp teams, the CD/images team, the publicity team, the
webmasters, the Release Notes editors, porters and all the bug squashers,
NMUers, package maintainers and translators who have contributed to making
bookworm a great release of which we should all be proud.

Development of Debian 13 'trixie'
=================================

You will soon be able to upload to unstable once again for migrations to
trixie, the new testing suite. FTP masters will re-enable the archive
maintenance scripts shortly for upload processing, and the britney
migration scripts will follow in the next couple of days.

Out of Sync packages
====================

Three years ago [1] we declared that packages that are out of sync between
unstable and testing for more than 60 days are considered to be RC buggy.
This measure has been successful, but we believe it will be more effective
to get bugs fixed if that time is reduced.

With the commencement of trixie's development cycle, packages will be
considered out-of-sync after 30 days.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2020/02/msg00005.html

riscv64
=======

Although it's not yet in the official architecture list, the riscv64 port
is making good progress. We expect to be in a position to ship trixie with
riscv64 support (subject to architecture qualification later in the cycle).

First point release for bookworm
================================

12.1 is not yet scheduled but expected to be released in the next 4-6
weeks.

Please follow the guidance issued by the stable release managers for fixes
you wish to include in the first point release, and remember to use
reportbug for accurate metadata in your requests.

For now, the release team is taking a break after a busy release day and will
be back to work on trixie soon.

For the release team:
--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51
ed25519/0x196418AAEB74C8A1: CA619D65A72A7BADFC96D280196418AAEB74C8A1