Bits from the Debian Anti-harassment team

Bits from Debian AH (June 2019)

Welcome to another edition of Bits from the Debian Anti-harassment
team. 2019 started on a busy note for the team, but settled down over
February and March. We had several incidents reported, and have been
following discussions. Details below.

* Added a new member (thanks Sledge!);
* Follow up around community discussions;
* Followed discussions on mailing lists and responded officially to
several messages, but generally took no action;
* Responded to one incident of inappropriate language;
* Received several reports we have not yet closed;
* Worked with several community members to help them proactively be
more inclusive in their communications;
* Handled one ongoing discussion around behavior of an individual; and

We'd like to thank everyone who reported an incident, and especially
thank those with whom we spoke, who have taken positive actions for
the future.

On the other hand, we can also report on work done on the team itself.

* We have discussed, but did not settle, on a new name for our team.
* There is going to be a sprint between AH, DAM, and the DPL later
this month. This will hopefully help these three groups work together
better and better define responsibilities.
* We have been testing a web-based system to handle reports is a more
structured and streamlined way.
* After our last call for volunteers, we got a few submissions, and
following a training period we now welcome Steve McIntyre to the team!
* Laura Arjona Reina stepped down from the team, after years of hard
work and dedication. Thank you Laura!

We'd also like to let the community know a bit about how the team
works.  We meet every two weeks on IRC and discuss issues that have
been sent in to us.  Because of the nature of our work, these meetings
are private.  Also, because of the sensitive nature of issues we
handle, we prefer to get consensus within the team for responses
before sending them.  That means in most cases, unless an issue is
urgent, it will take until the next meeting for us to be able to
respond to an issue.

Cheers,

Debian Anti-Harassment Team.