salsa.debian.org updates (leaving beta)

# Salsa leaving beta

It was a wild ride since we went live with
salsa.debian.org in december. We are really satisfied with salsa, gitlab and
our setup. After one month we already have round about 6300 projects, 2400
users and 200 groups. Our gitlab runners processed 1500 builds and our users
created 850 merge requests. And we also had to apply multiple upgrades to our
gitlab installation, all of which went flawless.

We are therefore happy to announce that salsa has left beta today. While we
still have various things to improve, we nevertheless think it is ready for
productive usage.

# Pages support

The gitlab pages[1] feature is now ready to be used on salsa. You may notice
that the SSL certificate is currently invalid for *.pages.debian.net -- this
will change as soon as the wildcard support for letsencrypt certifactes goes
live (scheduled end of february [2]). Note that own domain names for pages are
not supported.

# What to host on salsa

We had a few questions if upstream or external projects are allowed to use
salsa. The answer is simple: As long as it is opensource and/or can be included
in Debian, it is fine to use salsa. If in doubt, ask.

# Salsa documentation, Alioth rewriter

Multiple people (thank you all) maintain a wiki[3] page with useful details
around salsa, including the namespace concepts, email/irc notifications and
alioth migration tips. After a successful migration, you may want to check the
AliothRewriter[4] project and submit a merge request, to redirect your old
anonscm urls over to salsa.

# How to reach us

If you have questions around salsa, how to best (not) setup your project or
group or which drink we like most, feel free to join us on irc.oftc.net,
#alioth. You can also open an issue in our support tracker[5].  If you are
interested in how we run this setup, feel free to take a look at the various
repositories in our group[6].

Alex, on behalf of the salsa administrators
aka
Bastian Blank (waldi)
Jörg Jaspert (Ganneff)
and