Final boarding call for the stretch release
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
All RC bugs have been tagged with either "stretch-can-defer" or
"stretch-will-remove". If a package has an RC bug tagged
"stretch-will-remove", then it will be manually removed from stretch
next week (unless it is fixed and the fix migrates to stretch before
the deadline on Friday, 2017-07-09)
You can find all RC bugs tagged "stretch-will-remove" via this link:
With the deadline for fixes being what it is, please keep in mind that:
* Assume that the Release Team want your package to have at least 2 days
in unstable before they are migrated (via a "age-days 2" hint)
* Uploads processed /after/ the 13:52 UTC dinstall Wednesday, 2017-06-07
will *not* be able to reach 2 days in testing before the deadline.
* Packages uploaded before this deadline will have a very limited time
to be tested, so only very small, targeted fixes can be considered.
* Accordingly, we are at the point where NMUs have to be without
delay to make it in stretch. (Please NMU responsibly)
* If your changes are covered by the list in "Please keep changes limited to",
then upload first and file an unblock after. A pre-approval round trip
will cost us significant time that is better spent having the package
in unstable. Uploads with changes not covered by that list will be rejected,
so there is no point in asking for pre-approval or unblocks for those
Please keep changes limited to:
* RC bugs
* Patches for crashes/memory leaks/etc.
* Security bug fixes
* Regressions compared to jessie or a previous upload to stretch
* jessie to stretch upgrade issues
* Translation updates
If your changes include anything beyond that and an update to d/changelog,
then we will probably ask you to reupload without such changes or simply
reject the entire changeset.
Q: What if my upload misses the deadline?
A: The upload will not be included in the initial stretch release.
- If the package has an unfixed RC bug tagged "stretch-will-remove", the
package will be removed from stretch prior to the release.
- Otherwise, the package will be included in the release. Please
consider whether the bug should be fixed in a stable update (e.g. 9.1)
Q: Can an upload after 13:52 UTC dinstall Wednesday, 2017-06-07 still make
it into stretch?
A: Assume no.
Q: Can I assume that my upload will be included if it is unblocked AND
and in unstable before 13:52 UTC dinstall Wednesday, 2017-06-07?
A: No. We often unblock uploads pre-emptively before buildds and piuparts
test have run. If they report back regressions (or simply do not have
capacity before the migration deadline), they will stop the migration.
Q: My package got a (new) RC bug, which is not tagged "stretch-can-defer"
OR "stretch-will-remove". What will happen to it?
A: It will generally receive a "stretch-can-defer".
For the Release Team,
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----