Registration is now open for DebConf16, in Cape Town, South Africa

Debconf 16 will take place in Cape Town, South Africa, from Saturday, 2 July to
Saturday, 9 July 2016. It will be preceded by 9 days of DebCamp, from Thursday,
23 June to Friday, 1 June 2016.

Registration is now open for DebConf16. Please visit the website [0], log in,
and register your attendance. More details, below.

[0]: <https://debconf16.debconf.org>

To request bursaries (sponsorship) for food, accommodation, or travel, you must
be registered by Sunday, 10 April 2015.

After this date, registrations will still be accepted in any of the basic,
professional, and corporate categories. However, accommodation on the campus
will no longer be guaranteed, and requests for sponsorship will no longer be
accepted.

Even if you are not certain you will be able to attend, we recommend
registering now.  You can always cancel your registration, before the deadline.
We do suggest that attendees begin making travel arrangements as soon as
possible, of course.

We have a registration FAQ [1], which will slowly be expanded, as people ask
difficult questions during registration.

[1]: <https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/FAQs>

Registration
--------------

If you want to attend DebConf16 please fill out the registration form,
available on your profile [2].

[2]: <https://debconf16.debconf.org/accounts/profile/>

As in recent years, the conference registration is integrated with the Debian
single sign-on system (SSO).  The SSO system is now based on client
certificates. If you haven't used them, yet, you'll want to brush up on the
documentation. [3]

[3]: <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSingleSignOn>

If you are a Debian member, or have an account on Alioth, you can use Debian
SSO.  If not, this year, you are able to signup with a username and password.
You won't have to create Alioth accounts for your children, any more :)

There are instructions [4] for registration on the website, if you need more
details.  And, as always, we have a DebConf Code of Conduct [5] and a Debian
Code of Conduct that apply to our participation at DebConf.

[4]: <https://debconf16.debconf.org/registration/>
[5]: <http://debconf.org/codeofconduct.shtml>
[6]: <https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct>

Travel to South Africa
----------------------

Most attendees coming from Western Europe or North America will be able to
visit South Africa without a visa. See our visa information page [7] for more
details.

[7]: https://debconf16.debconf.org/about/visiting-south-africa

Thank you
---------

The DebConf16 team would like to thank all of our sponsors who have
made this event possible [8].

[8]: <https://debconf16.debconf.org/sponsors/>

We are still seeking sponsors to help us make DebConf16 a success.  If you or
your company would like to give back to Debian, please consider becoming a
sponsor [9]

[9]: <https://debconf16.debconf.org/>

We look forward to seeing you in Cape Town In July!

The DebConf team