GCC 5 in stretch: what next?

Hi,

With gcc-5 as default in testing[1], the worst of the transition pain
we've enjoyed for the last month is over.  However, we're not out of the
woods yet:
- some of the followup transitions are still ongoing
- some are not yet started: [2] still shows a number of open bugs
- some are not even filed: because the detection method involved
  rebuilding packages, which was not always possible until all the
  dependencies were transitioned, not all library packages could be
  tested
- some were probably missed: detecting ABI breakage is error prone, so
  we probably have some false negatives
- we will still prioritize finishing transitions and will still remove
  packages from testing when they block transitions.

What all of this means:
- if you maintain a package with an open libstdc++-cxx11 bug, please fix
  that bug ASAP
- if one of your dependencies has an open libstdc++-cxx11 bug, please
  fix that bug ASAP
- if one of your packages was rebuilt for a libstdc++ followup
  transition and the rebuild is not yet in testing, please help it
  migrate
- if one of your packages was removed from testing during this
  transition, please fix the issues that caused the removal and help it
  migrate back to testing
- as a testing or unstable user, if you see crashes due to unresolved
  symbols or other weird crashes, consider whether this may be due to
  silent ABI breakage in one of the libraries
  + Please file bugs against the crashing package.  RC for
    unresolved symbols or crashes that completely break
    the program(s).
  + If you receive such a bug for one of your packages, please
    help us determine which library caused the issue and
    reassign the bug to that library package.

Otherwise, development work in unstable can resume, until our next big
transition. The next Perl transition is currently being prepared[3]. We
will send a separate announcement with more information soon.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/55EB41BA.40803@thykier.net
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-gcc@lists.debian.org;tag=libstdc%2b%2b-cxx11
[3] https://lists.debian.org/20150827192633.GA13448@estella.local.invalid

Cheers,