Bits from the 7th Debian Groupware Meeting

The seventh Debian Groupware Meeting[1] was held in the LinuxHotel,
Essen, Germany[2]. We had one remote hacker from NYC which brings the
number of attendants up to 9. This is a short summary of what happened
during the weekend:

* We decided to abandon Iceowl (based on the standalone calendar
  sunbird) since Mozilla started to actively remove the code [3].
  Unfortunately this leaves us without a proper GUI stand alone calendar
  client with GSSAPI support.

* The icedove package got a major cleanup including the switch from CDBS
  to dh and the removal of the rebranding logic. This will hopefully allow
  us to better keep in sync with upstream. Carsten's git repo [4] usually
  carries the most up to date version and a automated build of these
  version is in the works.

* The sogo connector extension for icedove got uploaded and tested
  including a wiki page[5][6]

* The Groupware Page[7] got updated

* We discussed the possibility of caldav/carddav servers in Debian using
  autopkgtest. This resulted in caldav-tester being packaged [8]. It's
  currently waiting for an updated dependency before it can be uploaded.

* Based on that we added minimal autopkg tests to calypso [9]. The
  later also gained GSSAPI support [10].

* OpenChange got updated in experimental (now moved to sid) and got a
  debug package [11][12]. There were also some upstream improvements to
  ease provisioning.

* Dovecot's installation of the Sieve ext_programs was fixed

* SOPE and SOGo got updated to the latest upstream versions

* The SOGo-OpenChange plugin got build against the OpenChange package in
  experimental

* Giraffe (aka Zarafa packaging) made nice progress including the
  switch to free artwork and further renaming of the services. For
  Details on the current state check [14].

* Due to the warm spring we had two nice barbecues for lunch.

Since we had a nice mix of first time Debian contributors, Debian
Maintainers and Debian Developers we had lots of room for discussion and
co-working which made this an exciting weekend.

Cheers,
 -- Guido (on behalf of the Debian Groupware Meeting attendees)

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/GroupwareMeeting2014-03-28to30
[2]: http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html
[3]: http://bugs.debian.org/742946
[4]: https://github.com/tijuca/icedove