DebConf14 attendance reconfirmation required by 21 July

DebConf14 is just around the corner and the DebConf team is working hard on
getting everything ready.  We look forward to seeing everyone August 23-31
in Portland!

=== Travel sponsorship ===

By now, everyone who requested travel sponsorship for this year's conference
should have received an email letting them know whether their request has
been approved.  While we were not able to provide travel funding to everyone
who asked, we're pleased to say that thanks to the generosity of our donors,
we've been able to fund 53 travel sponsorship requests this year.

In addition to travel sponsorship requests, we have approved food and
accommodation sponsorship for over 140 people.

If you have any questions about the status of your sponsorship request,
please contact the DebConf bursaries team at bursaries@debconf.org.

=== Reconfirmation ===

Reconfirmation is required for everyone attending DebConf.  Even if you have
registered to attend, we need you to reconfirm your registration for
DebConf.  This is important for final calculations of food, room and costs.
The deadline to reconfirm your attendance for DebConf14 is July 21st.  If
you have applied for food or accommodation sponsorship, you MUST reconfirm
in order to have your sponsorship guaranteed.

You can reconfirm by marking "Yes" for the "Reconfirm attendance" field in
your summit registration page:

  https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/registration/

When reconfirming, please set your arrival and departure dates and times, so
that the team is able to plan appropriately for your stay.

As a reminder, if you have been granted sponsored accommodation you do not
need to register separately with Portland State University.

If you have decided not to come to DebConf14, we will miss you, but we ask
you to please state this by unchecking the "I want to attend DebConf14" box.
This will spare you further emails from us asking you to reconfirm, and will
help us with our final count.

And if you are registered as a paid attendee, you can find information about
payment of registration fees at:

  http://debconf14.debconf.org/payments.xhtml

If you have any problems, doubts, or questions, please mail us at
registration@debconf.org.

=== Visas and invitation letters ===

If you require a visa to travel to attend DebConf14, our team is prepared to
help.  DebConf attendees who need an invitation letter for their visa
application can request one by sending email to visa@debconf.org.  Please
also use this address for any questions about the visa application process.

=== Attendees mailing list ===

As always, a mailing list exists that you can use to coordinate your trip
with other attendees, talk about possible social events, etc.

=== Useful links ===

DebConf14 website: http://debconf14.debconf.org/

General information for DebConf14: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14

=== About DebConf ===

DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to a full
schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf provides an
opportunity for developers, contributors and other interested people to meet
in person and work together more closely.  It has taken place annually since
2000 in locations as varied as Canada, Finland, Mexico, Argentina, Bosnia,
Nicaragua, and Switzerland.

DebConf14 will take place in Portland, Oregon, US from Saturday August 23rd
through Sunday August 31st.

If you or your company are interested in sponsoring DebConf by donating
money or lending equipment, please contact the sponsorship team at
sponsors@debconf.org.

=== About Debian ===

The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers who
volunteer their time and effort in order to produce an excellent free,
cross-platform operating system.  For more information about Debian, see:
http://www.debian.org/

See you in Portland,

--
The DebConf14 Team