Call for Jessie Release Goals

The Release Team calls for the submission of release goals for the Jessie
cycle.

Release goals are areas of functionality which developers would like to see
as an aim for the next release. They will not hold up the release, but
allow the bugs opened for that goal to be of severity 'important'.

Goals which were accepted for the Wheezy cycle, but did not reach
completion, can be carried over for Jessie. However, we require
re-submission of those goals (and any that have been discussed up until now
- we are starting with a clean slate) to ensure that they are still
realistic and have active developers working on them. We will in principle
accept carried-over goals which still meet the basic criteria.

As a reminder, release goals require at least one advocate, should affect
more than one set of packages (i.e. not just a transition), and should be
generally consensual. The advocate(s) should take responsibility for
tracking the goal status and ensuring it is completed in a timely manner.
Goals should be "specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely".

To propose a goal, you should create a page on the wiki [WIKI] with a short
goal description, details of the advocate(s) and how the goal will be
achieved. The multi-arch goal [MA-GOAL] from Wheezy is a good example. You
should submit a copy of this information to the mailing list [ML] with a
suitable subject line (we suggest "Proposed release goal: ${shortdesc}").

The deadline for goal submission is midnight on 30th September 2013. There
will be a short period after this date for objections. Assuming all is
well, we will accept reasonable goals and ask advocates to choose a BTS
usertag for tracking their goal.

[WIKI] https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals
[MA-GOAL] https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/MultiArch
[ML] debian-release@lists.debian.org

Thanks,

Jonathan, for the release team

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51