Bits from the Release Team: New members, Help needed and Goals

Hi all,

[INSERT YOUR OWN PITHY COMMENT HERE]

New team member
---------------
Firstly, we would like to thank the various people who are helping with
the release, filing appropriate unblocks, and reviewing diffs.
We are also pleased to announce that Jonathan Wiltshire (jmw) has joined
the team as a Release Assistant.

Bug count
---------
At the time of writing, there are 238 bugs that need to be fixed in
Wheezy [BUGS:RCLIST]. This needs to come down, and we still need your
help to do it.
As a reminder, when fixing bugs, please fix ONLY the issue in question.
Large changes, new functionality, upstream releases, changing the build
system, etc. only serve to slow down the reviews, and end up in
disappointment when we reject the unblock request.

Please remember to file a bug using reportbug against
release.debian.org, and include a debdiff with your mail, filtered to
remove translation changes etc. There's a limit (50K) on the size of
attachments the release team list will take, and this may also be used
as a useful guide on if we're willing to spend the time reviewing such a
large changeset!

Once this drops lower, we will adding using usertags for every bug, as we
did in the last release.

BSPs
----
An upcoming BSP [BSP:CAMBRIDGE] will be held this weekend in Cambridge,
UK. Three members of the release team will be attending, along with 10
other developers.
Remember - you can help even if you're not physically present by joining
#debian-bugs on irc://irc.debian.org and reading the "BSP Beginners
How-to" [BSP:HOWTO].

Release notes editor
--------------------
A very important part of the release is getting the Release Notes
[RN:NOTES] in place so our users can experience a smooth upgrade.
We could do with someone to take on the co-ordination of this work. The
release-notes pseudopackage, and the debian-doc [ML:DEBDOC] are good
places to start, and feel free to jump in and help!
This would be especially welcome from anyone with kFreeBSD experience -
currently the kFreeBSD notes are not even built.

Freeze policy update
--------------------
Like our previous mail [DDA:BITS], we're updating the freeze policy
[RM:POLICY]. For unblocks filed after the timestamp of this mail, we're
going to accept only:
* fixes for release critical bugs (i.e., bugs of severity critical,
  grave, and serious) in all packages;
* fixes for severity: important bugs in packages of priority: optional
  or extra, only when this can be done via unstable;
* translation updates and documentation fixes that are included with
  fixes for the above criteria

This will be further tightened up as the freeze progresses.

In good news, the multiarch goal has been sucessful, i.e. ia32-libs has
been removed. Other changes, for this and other release goals, should
wait for Jessie - these should no longer be considered important bugs in
their own right.

Neil
(For the release team)

[BUGS:RCLIST] http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi?release=wheezy&merged=ign&fnewerval=7&rc=1&sortby=id&sorto=asc