Bits from the Release Team: Freeze approaching!

Freeze planning
===============

As you might remember, we are aiming at a freeze in June.  The exact
date has not been determined yet. However, given the large amount of
work remaining, we are now targeting a freeze in the *second half of
June*.

If there is something you really believe should be in Wheezy and you
expect that it will not be ready before we freeze, please contact us
*now*.

RC Bugs
=======

There are now over 1000 release-critical bugs and we really need your
help to fix them. The RC bug list is at [RCBUGS]. Note that in previous
releases the RC bug count has been below 500 before a freeze occurs, so
freezing with a higher number will simply make the release process
longer.

Transitions
===========

We have many planned transitions already.  However, in case you would
like to do a transition in Wheezy please file a bug against
release.debian.org now (i.e. not tomorrow)[TRANS]. Please note that this
does *not* guarantee they will be processed in time for the freeze.

After Sunday the 20th of May, any new transitions are likely not to be
processed until after the release.

[TRANS]  When filing a transition bug, please follow the guidelines in
         https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
[RCBUGS] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/testing.html

Thanks for your attention,
--