delegation for FTP Masters

Dear developers,
  some changes have been recently going on among FTP masters, which I'm
hereby ratifying with a delegation under Constitution §8.

As it's painful to track multiple delegation mails for a single group of
people, I'm (re-)delegating all FTP masters at once. A reference to the
present delegation will shortly be available at
<http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FTPMaster>.

FTP Master delegation
=====================

I hereby appoint the following developers as FTP Masters:

- Joerg Jaspert  (joerg)
- Mark Hymers    (mhy)
- Torsten Werner (twerner)

Any previous FTP master delegation, not explicitly listed above, is
revoked.  The delegation is not time-limited. It will be effective until
further changes by present or future DPLs.

Task Description
----------------

FTP Masters, commonly referred to as "ftpmaster", oversee and maintain
the well-being of Debian's official package repositories.  FTP Masters
are responsible for tasks that include:

- Running the archive, maintaining the corresponding infrastructure
  (e.g. the tools used for processing uploaded packages and the tools
  used to move packages across suites).

- Supporting the Release Managers, ensuring that packages move across
  releases properly, according to the rules defined by the Release
  Managers.

- Accepting and rejecting packages that enter the NEW and byhand queues.

- Maintaining the state of packages and the archive via priority and
  section override files.

- Maintaining the software used to run the archive, namely the Debian
  Archive Kit (dak).

Comments
========

- More details on FTP Masters activities, including information on how
  to help, learn the task, and join the team, have been updated and are
  available at <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FTPMaster>.

- As documented on the team page, FTP Masters have chosen to run their
  team establishing additional roles, such as "FTP Assistant" and "FTP
  Trainee". That notwithstanding, only "FTP Masters" are delegates under
  Constitution §8 and share the responsibilities listed above.

- The above delegation text does not change the status quo of FTP
  Masters responsibilities, it simply ratifies current customs and
  membership in a single delegation mail.

As an overdue final remark, please join me in thanking FTP
{Masters,Assistants,Trainees} for their often thankless work!

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams