delegation for the Debian auditor

I'm happy to announce that we have a new victim^W enthusiastic volunteer
for the Debian auditor role, which is currently vacant.

Before the actual delegation text (reported below between full-length
dashed-lines) and some comments about it, please join me in thanking
Kalle Kivimaa which has been the Debian Auditor until recently [1]:
thanks Kalle, and happy hacking for your future Debian involvements.

  [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/03/msg00030.html

Debian Auditor delegation
=========================

I hereby appoint Luk Claes (luk) as the Debian Auditor.

The delegation is not time-limited. It will be effective until further
changes by present or future DPLs.

Job Description
---------------

The Debian Auditor(s):

* keep track of Debian project financial assets, income, expenditures
  and any other financial information
* keep track of hardware resources and any other physical assets of the
  Debian project
* keep track of domain names, trademarks, and any other intangible
  assets of the Debian project
* periodically publish public reports about changes in assets and
  resources including (but not limited to): money coming in via
  donations, money being spent with DPL approval, new hardware bought,
  etc.
* keep track of organizations holding assets in trust for Debian and
  propose to the DPL changes in the list of trusted organization (as per
  constitution §5.1.11 and §9.3)

All the above information, with a reference to the present delegation,
will shortly be available at <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Auditor>.

Comments
========

The reporting frequency we are looking for is monthly, with publication
(of links) on the Auditor wiki page and/or posting to -project. Please
note however that this is potentially quite a challenge, especially
considering that not necessarily all organizations holding Debian money
have monthly reporting. I expect the Debian Auditor to assess the
feasibility of this, and possibly establishing a different reporting
frequency, in the forthcoming months.

Tracking the various non-monetary assets of Debian is new to some
extent, so it might need a bit of startup time and beware that Luk will
probably call for help soon on that :-)

Thanks to Luk for volunteering: it's a job that not all of us would be
interested in doing, but that it's very important to prove to our
(potential) donors that we are transparent about what we do with the
money and resources they kindly offer us.

Happy hacking (and accounting)!
Cheers.