Who uses @packages.d.o mail?

Hello all,

So I've looked through a few weeks of mail logs to packages.debian.org,
and it looks like it collects some useful mail from automated scripts
on various debian.org machines (primarily ries), and about 1000 spams a
day from elsewhere.  I haven't done an exhaustive survey, but it seems
pretty clear so far that the domain does not get any significant amount
of legitimate mail from machines other than the debian.org hosts.

If this is actually the case, I'd like to close the domain down to only
accept mail from other debian.org machines.  If it's not, I'd like to work
with people who do use it to either make it possible to send their mail
from debian.org machines or from a short whitelist of machines elsewhere.
If this isn't possible, we'll of course continue to offer it as a public
service if it's needed.  It's just that if it doesn't need to be a
public facing mail domain, we all get a little less spam in our inbox,
and the service becomes easier to administer.

In the large scheme of things, of course, 1000 spams a day is pretty
minimal.  The amount of processing power that goes into turning away
the other 60000 mails/day and then resending the 1000 spams that do get
through, though, does approach significance, and I'd like to make it
simple to admin and more friendly to the final recipients.