Google Summer of Code 2008

Hey folks,

Google are running their Summer of Code programme again this year[1],
and if we want to take part again we need to apply between March 3rd
and March 12th. If we're accepted as a mentoring organisation, then
students will be able to apply to work with us up until the 1st
April. [2]

I'm volunteering to be an admin again, and I'll deal with making the
application for Debian as an organisation. Beyond that, some more
admins would be useful to help out later on. If you'd like to help,
let me know ASAP! [3]

Then we'll need mentors and ideas for the programme itself. As in
previous years, the easiest place for us to collect those is in the
wiki. [4] Please fill your ideas in there. Last year's suggestions for
projects are still in the wiki [5] if you're looking for inspiration,
but *please* don't just copy things across wholesale!

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_about_gsoc
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline