Google Summer of Code 2007 - time to fill the wiki page

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 12:51:30AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Mentors and ideas
> =================
> At this point, we have not nominated any specific mentors as part of
> our application; we expect to add more mentors shortly as people get
> in touch. If you want to be a mentor, add yourself in the wiki and
> please also contact Steve and Zack. If you have ideas for projects
> that you'd like to oversee, please add them to the list in this year's
> wiki page[3]. As a starting list, we've copied in the list of projects
> from this time last year already. To be a mentor, you will need to
> have a Google account. If you don't have one already, that would be a
> useful thing to set up in advance. Once we know the procedure for
> signing up mentors, we will pass on the details to those interested.

Yesterday we re-organized the wiki page for proposal submissions.
Two changes are worth to be mentioned:

1) we split two parts: one containing last year proposals, one
   containing this year proposals. To avoid proposals remaining alive
   just for inertia (possibly already completed / no longer needing work
   / ...) we kindly ask the proposers or anyone else interested in them
   to "promote" them to the part containing this year proposals, better
   if after a review of their content.  Eventually we will remove
   last-year non-promoted proposals.

2) to avoid cluttering too much the wiki page please put just a brief
   description (one-liner?) in the list or this-year proposal and create
   a new page linked from there with a more detailed description. You
   can use the proposal template [4] for that, which also has room for
   declaring yourself as an interested mentor for the proposal (if
   interested)

Please read the beginning of the wiki page [3], since it contains all
relevant instructions.

To everyone which in the past few days contacted me, Steve or posted to
some mailing list with proposals: please add them to the wiki page and
create the appropriate page with details.

Go and propose something cool!, now it's the time.
Cheers.

[3] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2007
[4] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2007/ProposalTemplate